Organization: Makerere University
Current Location: Uganda, Africa
Ph.D Population Studies focusing on Reproductive Health from School of Statistics and Planning, Makerere University
Additional Degrees and Certifications:
• 2006 Makerere University- ISAE, Kampala (MUK) – Masters Degree in Demography
• 2003 Makerere University Kampala (MUK) – Second class Upper Bachelors of Arts degree in Education
– 2017 Monitoring and Evaluation Fundamentals – Global Health eLearning Center by Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health – Baltimore, Maryland USA, and USAID
– 2016 Designing HIV prevention programs for key populations – Global Health eLearning Center by Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health – Baltimore, Maryland USA, and USAID
– 2016 Sampling Program for Survey Statisticians_ Institute of Social Research, University of Michigan, Michigan, USA
– 2015 March & June Demographic and Health Survey Fellows Program; by Measure DHS program supported by USAID, training conducted in Uganda and Zambia.
– 2013/2014 Population Communications Fellowship Program; Population Reference Bureau fellowship program supported by USAID, training workshops conducted in Washington DC, and Boston, Massachusetts, USA
– 2013 Family Planning 101 – Global Health eLearning Center by Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health – Baltimore, Maryland US and USAID
– 2012 July 10th Annual Summer Institute for Reproductive Health and Development at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health – Baltimore, Maryland USA
– 2012 October Responsible Conduct of Research- training organized by Makerere University College of Health Sciences in collaboration with MESAU
– 2011 February, Introduction to Research Methods course at National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR), Mwanza Tanzania
Henry David 2017 Travel grant
AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL FOUNDATION
January 5, 2017
International Family Planning Travel Grant
Travel Awards Team
August 10, 2015
Doctoral Training Award
February 1, 2011
“Allen has conducted extensive research on family in Uganda and has explored a number of topics including:barriers to male involvement; modern contraceptive uptake; postpartum family planning utilization; family planning counseling among others.
Describe your contributions to and achievements in family planning.
What sparked your passion for family planning?
Give one or two examples of how you display leadership in your family planning work.:
If you are named a winner of 120 under 40, how will you use this new platform and the $1000 grant to advance your work?
Photos of the nominee in the field/at work