Global Health Leadership Accelerator On-Demand
On-Demand Course Materials from the Summer Institute in Data to Policy in Population, Family and Reproductive Health
All 120 Under 40 winners receive free, exclusive access to course materials from previous Global Health Leadership Accelerator courses for those who have completed the course and those who would like to utilize the course material for capacity-building efforts in their own work.
- Leadership Principles and Practices for Health System Transformation – Dr. Henry Mosley is the creator/instructor of some of the most highly rated courses at Johns Hopkins. In 2016, the winners were able to take a very condensed version of his leadership course. Via this link you will find the course on a series of videos, with accompanying handouts. To access the video, click on the Video link on the left-hand side of the page, under “Course Home.”
- For the 2017 winners in FP2020 commitment countries (Note: Not all countries are FP2020 commitment making countries, so not everyone has all the documents), FP2020 has put together resource folders that include:
- FP2020 Commitments: new as of July 2017 (if publicly available, all will soon be publicly available) or a previously made commitment.
- FP2020 Commitment Updates: these are the annual reports that national governments submit to FP2020 explaining what they have done over the last year to fulfill their commitment.
- Data Sheets: Highlight key family planning indicators by country using the most recent data available.
- WHO Contraceptive Adolescent Factsheets: adolescent specific data
- Please also take advantage of the FP2020 Country Pages (click on country in the map to access country page) and their Adolescents, Youth, and Family Planning Microsite
Livestreaming the 120 Under 40 2017 Celebrations
Select sessions of the 2017 Celebrations were livestreamed, so that all winners could take advantage of the available resources. We will post videos of the livestreamed sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday shortly.
Tuesday, September 19
- 9 – 10 am — Evidence-Based Optimism: The Power of Public Health Advocacy – Lecture by former US Senator Barbara Mikulski
- 10:15 – approx. 10:45 am — Introductory Session. Presentations about 120 Under 40 and Your Life/World Contraception Day.
- 12:15 – 1:20 pm — Seminar: My Work, My Life – Stories from the Global Winners of 120 Under 40. Speakers: Elizabeth Futrell, Alison Hathaway, Kizanne James, Son Le Hoang Minh, Anu Manchikanti Gomez, Kinga Wisniewska
- 1:30 – 2:15 pm — Behavior Change Communication, hosted by Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs
- 2:30 – 3:30 pm — The Power of Personal Storytelling, hosted by Laura Wexler of the Stoop Storytelling Series (handout)
Wednesday, September 20
- 9 – 12 noon — Making Advocacy SMART: Learning and Applying the AFP Approach. Hosted by Advance Family Planning (AFP)
- 12:15 – approx. 12:35 — Lunch session with The Challenge Initiative (TCI)
- 2 – 4 pm — Making Data Fun. Hosted by Performance Monitoring and Accountability 2020 (PMA2020)
- 5 – 6:30 pm — 120 Under 40 Reception. Speakers: Allen Kabagenyi, Garima Mathias, Abdulmumin Saad, Elspeth Williams
Thursday, September 21
- 10 am — Welcome to PSI, with Gwen Mayes, Bayer, and Michael Holscher, PSI Join via video conference link that Marianne emailed to you
- 10:15 – 11:45 am – Fireside chat – “The Power of Your Voice: The Essential Role Young Leaders Play in Family Planning Advocacy” with Jose “Oying” Rimon II, Director of the Gates Institute and Chair of the 120 Under 40 Jury; Klaus Brill, Vice President of Corporate Commercial Relations, Bayer; Jennifer Pope, Director of Family Planning and Reproductive Health, PSI
- 12:20 – 12:55 pm – Advocacy in Action: PSI’s Adolescents 360
- 4:15 – 5:15 pm – FP2020 Country Resources
Friday, September 22
- 5:30 pm — Reception and awards ceremony via 120 Under 40 Facebook page